Geodis BM develops methods and organizes trainings adapted to improve transport safety in constant relation with the institutions as CRAM*, INRS**, DRE***, CETU****...
* Regional health insurance organism
** National institute of research and safety
*** Regional Equipment Management
**** Tunnel Research Center
A total control of quality and safety
Without any daily operational quality the most sophisticated transport plan has no value. It’s the reason why Geodis BM has always had a strict quality policy.
- The first to be ISO 9002 certified from 1990, all our sites are certified ISO 9001, 2008 version.
- Some activities must conform to regulations and particular requirements from our customers, consequently we have acquired the necessary expert knowledge to follow our customers in their field ISO 14001, HACCP, SQAS, MASE, AEO…).
- Turnaround times, delivery delay, Transport order cancellation, preparation mistakes, credit notes… all non quality components are recorded and result in corrective actions.
- Quality performance measurement has to be adapted to your constraints, we offer you tailor made reporting, set up according to your requirements.
* Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
** Safety and Quality Assesment System
*** Manuel d'Amélioration de la Sécurité et de l'Environnement
**** American Eagle Outfitters
A know-how acknowledged by the authorities and our customers
Geodis BM shares its know-how with its customers and other carriers:
- Serious accident analysis and determination of main accident causes (handling and driving)
- Review of safety protocols / traffic plans
- Evaluation of risks related to driver’s job
- In house safety audit or on our customers site in collaboration with institutions such as CRAM or INRS
- Advice and awareness on securing goods at our customers site with implementation of many common actions: film shooting
- Awareness on road risks (movement of liquids in tank, tunnel crossing)
- Creation of training modules adapted to the main risks
- Safety adviser in Hazardous Goods transport field
Available tools for constantly reducing the accident risks
Geodis BM has implemented successful measurement and analysis tools to improve its staff safety but also to evaluate the risks and to reduce them every year.
Some examples of these tools: Intervention operation manual (IOM) with an immediate intervention in case of accident and feedback of each accident. In addition, Geodis BM has a centralized analysis tool for work injuries with a very precise follow-up of indicators. Finally the risks are assessed with CHSCT with a specific risks assessment tool, updated each year, and action plans to reduce risks.
« ECO2 SECURITALE » Training: this training is based on the BBS (Behaviour Base Safety) principles to develop safety reflex, on the eco-driving to decrease our CO2 emissions and on the responsible behaviour of each driver on the road.