Back our customers
Our daily solution to meet customers needs is our leitmotiv. Offer innovative solutions to be high performance but also our duty is to act more responsibly. Geodis BM with a strict environmental policy and a strong commitment towards sustainable development can provide tailor-made solutions to each of its customers. You will find below a selection of 3 customers needs illustrating the Geodis BM commitment to meet them.
Focusing on the perceived quality more than on conventional « service rate », Geodis BM restarted communication, with its customers and found some special ways to improve their satisfaction. Once a month, quality managers have a conversation with their main site customers, 200 in total.
High evaluation criteria are checked precisely: cleanliness, punctuality, communication, professionalism, reactivity, behaviour, invoice and conflict resolution.
Customers are invited to express themselves without any concession. Their overall score and comments are directly transmitted to Geodis BM board and to regional management committees. “it’s time to decide what measures have to be implemented to improve our service case by case. For instance, it can lead us to invest” specifies Bernard Boivin, Quality manager. When the demand is urgent, the quality manager takes the initiative with the site Manager to correct actions. It’s a question of reactivity!
The existing approach since January 2009 has been highly successful and helps both Geodis BM and its own customers. To be continued!
Approach with our DAS customer
A tailor made and shared performance measure:
Geodis BM defines with its customer decisive KPI to follow-up QHSE performance of Transports and Logistics process.
There are several different KPI issues:
- Hygene / Safety : industrial accidents, safety discussions, safety audit results, material turnaround follow-up,…
- quality : complaints, service rate at loading and unloading, inventory,…
- Environment : CO2 emissions, packaging consumption, follow-up of loaded weights, follow-up of material turnaround times, follow-up of drivers waiting time, 5 S display, etc…
- Geodis BM develops measure tools corresponding to the accepted KPI and defines with its customers accepted improvement targets. These measuring tools are established from existing and reliable information sources (customer and Geodis BM information system).
- Geodis BM consolidates information (for multi sites customer), formats them and shares performance analysis during steering committees.
- Geodis BM provides its customers with an internet platform dedicated to sharing monthly KPI.
Subcontractors web portal
Since November 2009, Geodis BM has provided an Internet portal available to all its subcontractors. The target is to allow each service entrusted to them to report all incidents occurred at loading, on the road and in delivery process. This can ensure a higher reactivity towards our customers in case of delay or disputes.